We just submitted an updated version of our app TrackMyTransit-Boston to the AppCatalog.
This version has some bug fixes and lots new features:
- We changed the caching of nextbus data, so that you retrieve on every app start the latest available data. With 1.0.1 we cached the data and only updated it every 30 days. Problem is, that this leads to a out-dated database, because of route/run changes on MBTA. (The data is only few kb’s, we tried to keep the data as minimum as possible). Predictions where retrieved in real-time in all versions!
- You can now store also rail stations as a bookmark
- View the latest @mbtaGM tweets on Twitter (via the T-Alerts scene)
- Improved Main-Menu with description below the icons
- Fixed a bug where some users can’t load latest vehicle data
The update should be available in the next few days. Everyone should update to this version. Users of version 1.0.1 will get a notification inside the app if a new app is available!